Tubing repair and diagnostics
NTS-Leader is a market leader on OCTG repair, in particular - tubing. The company develops technologies, designs and manufactures stationary and mobile plants for tubing repair, as well as provides tubing repair by resource-saving technology.
Quality tubing repair, that NTS-Leader provides, exceeds standards requirements. Tubings are repaired by NTS technology can withstand more round-trip operations in comparison with new pipes.
RESOURCE-SAVING TUBING REPAIR:
- Technologies to improve tubing operational performance:
- ultrasonic treatment threaded joints of tubing to increase their durability and hermeticity;
- tubings hardening in the key capture zone or spider;
- applying anti-seize coatings on tubing thread.
- Lean manufacturing and minimal technological waste:
- preservation of the tubing length due to the ultrasonic recovery threaded elements;
- qualitative tubing cleaning from any possible contaminations, including solid salt deposits;
- identification the exact coordinates of defects by multiparameter tubing diagnostics;
- automatic cutting of defective tubing pieces on CNC machines;
- applying the necessary and sufficient operations for each tubing, depending on its condition.
- Reduce costs by using mobile plants for tubing repair directly to the oilfields.
- Minimum space for equipment location due to modular construction section.
- Performance and quality of repair due to technological-process automation.
ECONOMIC EFFECT OF TUBING REPAIR ON RESOURCE-SAVING TECHNOLOGY:
- 70% tubing recovery without cutting threaded joints;
- increase tubing turnaround for process pipe up to 200 round trip, for tubing up to 70 round trip;
- reduction scope of tubing repair on 15-20% due to increase of tubing turnaround;
- reduction of rejection by 15-20%;
- reduction in purchase amount of new tubing to 20-40%.
The total cost of oil companies for the maintenance tubing fund are reduced by 25-40%
STATIONARY AND MOBILE PLANTS FOR TUBING REPAIR
Tubing repair services are provided not only in stationary but also mobile automated plants deploying at distant oilfields.
Production capacity of the stationary plant around the clock at two-shift operation - up to 300 thousand pipes per year, depending on the configuration sections.
Production capacity of the mobile plant around the clock at two-shift operation - up to 160 thousand pipes per year.
NTS-Leader's stationary and mobile plants work is built on the principle of flexible automated production lines of machine-building enterprises. Modular sections design provides continuous line production without cradles for intermediate pipe storage and allows place equipment rationally, adapting the process line to the existing production facilities. Staff participation in the process is minimal; it is mainly reduced to monitoring and control the equipment.
Mobile plant for tubing repair can be deployed at the field in a short time - after the delivery of the equipment, its installation and commissioning takes place within 2-3 months.
Mobile plant’s technological sections equipment is located in mobile heat insulated containers. The container interior is equipped with electric heaters system, providing automatic temperature maintenance, lighting equipment, fire fighting and ventilation system.
Tubing repair by mobile plants reduces logistics cost of oil companies (transportation, handling operations, maintenance of the intermediate pipe yards) for the construction and maintenance permanent buildings, reduсes energy costs.
Tubing diagnosis and repair on NTS technology provides the flexible changing sequence of mandatory and additional operations, the need for which is determined by individual tubing condition.
TYPICAL PROCESS OPERATIONS OF TUBING REPAIR:
- visual pipes sorting on curvature, diameter and external defects;
- washing or tubing gas-dynamic steam cleaning from asphalt, resins and paraffins;
- pipe outer surface finishing cleaning from scale and rust;
- couplings breakout by сoupling screwing machine;
- pipe interior surface finishing cleaning from scale and rust;
- tubing drifting by cylindrical mandrel;
- tubing diagnostics (defects detection of any orientation in pipe body to identify their coordinates, the definition of the pipe wall thickness minimum, the pipe length and strength group);
- mechanical treatment: defective pieces cutting off and new threading by CNC machines;
- tubing pin thread ultrasonic treatment;
- pin thread cleaning;
- pin thread outgoing inspection by gauge;
- couplings cleaning;
- couplings thread ultrasonic treatment;
- couplings thread outgoing inspection and strength group determination;
- pipe metal demagnetizing to regulatory limits;
- couplings screwing-on by сoupling screwing machine;
- pipes hydraulic tests (pressuring) under a pressure of 10-70 MPa;
- applying anti-seize coating on the tubing thread;
- length measurement and marking;
- preservation grease application and breaking piece setting up on the threaded ends;
- automatic pipe stringing in the cradles.
THE POSSIBILITY OF CONDUCTING ADDITIONAL OPERATIONS BY AGREEMENT WITH THE CUSTOMER:
- tubing cleaning from scales;
- tubing hardening in the key capture zone or spider.