Tubing hardening in key capture zone and spider
Developed in NTS-Leader technology for tubing body hardening in the key capture zone or spider eliminates pipe surface damage during screwing and unscrewing operations.
Tubing reinforced area is spiral line consisting of alternating hardened and unhardened areas. Hardened zone microhardness 3 times higher than pipe metal microhardness. Matching ratio parameters - spiral line pitch, hardened and unhardened areas sizes - allows key or a spider introduction in tubing body to a depth sufficient for a good grip and prevents any defects precipitation.
BENEFITS OF TUBING HARDENING IN KEY CAPTURE ZONE ON NTS-LEADER TECHNOLOGY:
- good key grip with tubing body any strength group due to variable hardness in the key capture zone;
- protection against damage tubing surface by key sliding block and spider;
- tubing rejection elimination due to defects in key capture zone (cross-section profile violation, wall thickness reduction);
- the possibility of applying cheaper pipes with lesser strength category on the technological operations;
- reduction the risk of accidents and increasing well turnaround.